It’s nearly the weekend, the weather has gotten a lot better and that means only one thing…it’s time to fire up the bbq. One of the things I love most about summer is eating outside, it almost makes me feel like I’m on holiday. I do like to cook outside too but that never seems to happen. I don’t know about you but when we have a bbq I prepare all the food but somehow I don’t get to cook it?! Hmm. Not that I’m complaining, I still get the credit for making these Thai chicken kabobs 😉
I love kabobs, they are the easiest things to make and everyone loves them, especially the kids. I think they are a handy way to make your bbq a little bit healthier too. Now, there are a million ways to make kabobs, if you just take a look on Pinterest you’ll find lots of exciting ways to spice them up.
This recipe is a favourite in our house at the moment, I always seem to have a half used jar of Thai green curry paste knocking around my fridge so what better way to use it then as a marinade for these lovely tender chicken kabobs. Serve these Thai chicken kabobs with a nice crisp salad and/or some rice to make it into a quick and easy dinner. I used a Thai sweet chile dipping sauce with this recipe but a peanut dipping sauce would be great too.
Time 30 mins plus 30 mins for marinading
3 Chicken Breasts (free range), cut into bite size chunks
3 Tbs Thai Green Curry Paste
2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
1 Tsp Red Chili, finely chopped
1 Tsp Runny Honey
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Lemon, plus extra for serving
- If you are using wooden skewers for these kabobs then soak them in cold water before you start.
- Mix the curry paste, garlic, chili, honey, lime juice and olive oil together in a large bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt and a little freshly ground black pepper and mix all together.
- Add the chicken pieces into the marinade and make sure all the chicken is covered in the sauce. Cover and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes. If you can leave it longer, an hour or so, would be great.
- Thread the chicken onto the skewers, using an even amount on each skewer.
- Place the kabobs on a hot grill pan and cook for about 20 minutes, turning occasionally making sure every side is cooked.
Notes: I used a stove top grill pan to cook these, but are also great in the oven or on the bbq.