This is my new favourite lunch, instant veggie pot noodles! Ready in 10 minutes, yes 10! That’s only if you don’t make them in advance, get these pot noodles ready the night before and lunch will be ready in 3 minutes! Get in. Not only that but these are portable, you can bring them to work, stick them in the fridge and then add boiling water, that means less time queuing up at the sandwich shop or it’s even quicker than making a sandwich and it’s healthier 😉 Perfect for when you’re rushed off your feet, you know, those times when you are just having a super crazy, busy week. We all have them, don’t we?
I’ve been having a few of them lately, what with helping out on school trips, blogging, family events and you know being a mum 😉 The highlight of my very busy May has been a pot luck event I was very lucky to attend. A while back I was invited to join a group on Facebook called Cambridge Eat Up! They are a lovely bunch of very talented people who are passionate about food and drink. As luck would have it this group managed to set up a fringe event as part of Eat Cambridge 2016, a two week food festival. So I got on the list and got to meet some really amazing people and I got to eat some fabulous food. Pina and Karen ( the super human organisers ) have written all about it here and here, their posts really capture the spirit of this event perfectly. I hope you enjoy their posts.
So back to these time saving, mind saving instant pot noodles. These little jars are packed full of veggies but your options here are endless, you can add cooked chicken, cooked prawns, tofu, you name it these jars are very versatile. I like spicy food and can handle quite a bit of heat, the chili paste I used here has a big punch, (this is fermented chilies after all) so if you prefer less heat a 1/4 teaspoon should do the trick. You can switch up your flavors too, just keep your sauce at the bottom them fill up with noodles and veggies, done. I used rice noodles here but you could use cooked wheat noodles instead. Here is some more inspiration for you from The Londoner and Goop x
Instant Veggie Pot NoodlesPrint Pin Rate
- PER POT
- For the base:
- 1/2 tsp prik sod bod (Thai chili paste)
- 1 small clove of garlic , minced
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp vegetable (low sodium & vegan) bouillon
- 1 tsp tamari , or low sodium soy sauce
- A little freshly ground black pepper
- Noodles & veggies:
- 25 g instant rice noodles
- 1 medium Chanteray carrot , julienned
- 1 small handful of mange tout , cut in half
- 3 baby sweetcorn , sliced
- 2 mushrooms , sliced
- 1 leaf of chinese lettuce , shredded
- 1 large spring onion , chopped
- A small handful of cashew nuts
- A couple of sprigs of fresh coriander
- Lime wedge
- Boiling water
- Drop all the base ingredients into a mason jar and mix well, I used a chopstick for this.
- Add the noodles push them down into the jar and then add the vegetables, leave the coriander, lime wedge and nuts at the top. Give the veggies a little push down every time you add a layer.
- You can cover these now and leave in the fridge until you are ready to use them, they should keep for up to two days in the fridge.
- When you're ready to use them remove the lime wedge then pour in freshly boiled water, I would go as far as a little bit over the noodles. Stir and cover, leave for 3 minutes then squeeze in the lime, stir and serve.