What is it with kids and pasta? My daughter would happily eat pasta every single night, except, maybe for pizza night 😉 It can be a struggle to fit greens into her diet sometimes so that’s really where this recipe came from, Kale & Sun Dried Tomato, Parma Ham pasta with Burrata. Well I figured if I could make this taste really good she wouldn’t even notice the dreaded kale was lurking in her pasta! And it worked, maybe it was the creamy Burrata or the Parma ham that did it, either way we all loved this..
Vegetables especially the green leafy variety can be a bit of a struggle sometimes with kids, but so far this week I am winning, although I put peas in her pasta last week and let me tell you that this did not go down well, peas are ok with potatoes apparently but not pasta, like seriously, have you lost the plot mum?? LoL, yes I actually laughed out loud! The struggle is very real some days.
So this kale, sun dried tomato and Parma ham pasta with burrata is :
- under 450 calories per portion
- ready in 30 minutes
- made with whole wheat spaghetti
- high in fibre
- high in protein
- high in vitamin C
- high in iron
- high in vitamin A
Notes: I used whole wheat spaghetti for this recipe but you could use any pasta of your choice for this dish. With the sun dried tomatoes I usually scrape them with the back of my knife to get rid of any excess oil.
Kale & Sun Dried Tomato SpaghettiPrint Pin Rate
- 200 g whole wheat spaghetti
- 100 g of kale , shredded
- 80 g of sun dried tomatoes , slices
- 3 (50g) slices of parma ham, torn into strips
- 100 g burrata , torn into chunks
- A small handful of basil leaves , torn plus more for serving
- 2 cloves of garlic , minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large sautee pan, add the garlic and kale and cook for about 5 minutes, then add the parma ham, sun dried tomatoes and basil cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.Set aside and keep warm until the spaghetti is cooked.
- When the pasta is cooked add it to the pan with the kale add the extra virgin olive oil and toss everything together.
- Top with chunks of burrata, some basil leaves and a good grind of black pepper.
- Serve immediately.