Who doesn’t love a good chicken tray bake? They are right up there with one pot dinners aren’t they? So easy to make, everything goes on a tray and the flavors all blend in together and voila you have a very tasty dinner on the table with very little effort. This is exactly what you are getting with this lemon & garlic chicken tray bake, it is big on flavor and will satisfy the whole family. Tender chicken thighs cooked with fresh thyme, lemon and garlic with crispy little roast potatoes, caramelized red onions, juicy tomatoes and kalamata olives this tray bake has a lovely mediterranean vibe, serve with a side of tender stem broccoli or a nice green salad.
These are the dinners I like to make when I am busy or my girl is on holidays and I don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. You really just pop the tray in the oven and carry on about your business. Perfect! This tray bake is easily adapted too so if you wish to add extra vegetables you can, courgettes work great with this, just add them in when you add the tomatoes. I would be careful not to overload the tray too much though. This recipe serves 3, I aim to have 2 thighs per person so if you need to make it serve more people go for two thighs per person.
Before I go, I hope you have a lovely Easter and don’t forget to eat all the chocolate x
Lemon & Garlic Chicken Tray BakePrint Pin Rate
- 6 chicken thighs (750g) skin on, bone in.
- 250 g baby new potatoes , scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 lemon
- 14 kalamata olives
- 220 g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 2 red onions (150g) cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- A small bunch of fresh thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A little sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C (I use a fan assisted electric oven, please adjust according to your oven)
- Place the chicken thighs on a large baking tray, add the onions, garlic, thyme, lemon wedges and pour the olive oil over everything. Squeeze one or two lemon wedges over the chicken and vegetables.
- Season with a little black pepper and a small pinch of sea salt, cook for 40 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. I baste it half way though with the oil from the pan.
- Then add the tomatoes and olives and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a green salad of some steamed tender stem broccoli.