Ok all you sweet toothed dessert lovers, this is for you! This is hands down the most requested dessert I get asked to make by my family, lemon, pistachio & raspberry dessert, it really hits the sweet spot for everyone, especially my daughter. I don’t know whether its the tangy sweet lemon or the pistachio base but she loves it and I love making it as there is no baking involved at all, result. These little desserts have just 6 ingredients, zero effort, zero cooking time and they are fun to make with the kids, my girl loves sitting on the counter top and dropping in the raspberries, or mostly just eating them 😉
So disclaimer alert, this is one of those mostly healthy recipes, yes it has fresh raspberries, yogurt, nuts, dates, dark chocolate, so far so good, the only not so healthy ingredient is the lemon curd, well it is pretty full of sugar, but it is perfect in this and I love it! I guess by now you should know how I feel about food, everything in balance, eat healthy most of the time and then enjoy a little treat every now and again, right? Good, I’m glad we are on the same page. So these little desserts can be made ahead on the day you serve them, pop them in the fridge before you add the yogurt and then when you are ready to serve top with the yogurt and chocolate servings.
These Lemon, Pistachio & Raspberry Desserts are:
- High in protein
- High in fibre
- Less than 200 calories
- High in healthy fats
- Naturally gluten free
*Notes: you may note that there are 4 servings in the photos for this post but this recipe actually serves 6, my glasses were quite large, when making this to serve 6 I usually use smaller glasses.
- 100 g Medjool dates , pitted
- 100 g pistachios
- 8 tsp of good quality lemon curd
- 180 g fresh raspberries
- 240 g Greek yogurt
- Dark chocolate for shavings (optional)
- Soak the dates is warm water for 30 minutes and then roughly chop them.
- Add the dates and pistachios to a food processor and blitz for about 1 minute.
- Divide the nut and date mixture into 4, spread onto the bottom of 4 glasses or dessert dishes.
- Over the nut mixture spread 2 teaspoons of lemon curd as evenly as you can, top with a layer of raspberries.
- Give the yogurt a good stir so it almost looks like whipped cream then divide it into 4 and pour over the raspberries, you could refrigerate for 30 minutes at this stage if you wish it to be colder or if you are making in advance, this very rarely happens in my house!
- Top with some shavings of dark chocolate.