Cauliflower has never been so popular, from pizza bases to cauli rice and mash, and cauliflower fritter videos are taking over social media feeds everywhere! So today I have a Parmesan and spring onion cauliflower fritter recipe for you that the whole family will love. It comes with a spiced yogurt dipping sauce that is really tasty. Great as an appetizer or as a light lunch with some salad or even as a snack, these fritters will soon become a regular in your weekly meal plan. They went down a treat in my house!
Cauliflower is really great as a low carb option and has become a regular in low carb diet plans everywhere. It is really high in fibre and is mostly water so it makes sense that this vegetable could help you loose weight. But cauliflower is also high in vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin B6, so even if you’re not looking to loose weight it is worth adding this vegetable to your diet. To make these fritters vegetarian use a vegetarian parmesan. This recipe makes 12 fritters and they are best served hot. You could also freeze these when they have cooled and then reheat them in the oven.
These Parmesan & spring onion & fritters with spiced yogurt sauce are:
- High in calcium
- High in fiber
- Very high in phosphorus
- High in potassium
- High in vitamin B6
- High in vitamin C
- Low Carb
Parmesan & Spring Onion Cauliflower FrittersPrint Pin Rate
- 450 g cauliflower florets
- 50 g Parmesan cheese , finely grated
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 2 spring onions , sliced
- 2 tbs plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- A little freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- Coconut oil for frying
- Cook the cauliflower in a pot of boiling water until the cauliflower is soft, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then using a muslin or a clean tea towel squeeze out some excess water.
- Place the cauliflower in a mixing bowl and break it up with a spoon.
- Add the eggs, flour, parmesan and spring onions and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper if you wish.
- Heat a skillet pan over a medium heat, add a teaspoon of coconut oil. Using a tablespoon scoop up a heaped spoon of fritter mix, add to the hot pan and push down with a fish slice. Cook each side for about 2 minutes making sure they are nice and golden brown and cooked through.
- Keep the fritters warm in a pre heated oven.
- To make the yogurt sauce, add the spices to the yogurt and mix well.