Lovely friends, here we are Christmas week and my last post of 2015! This recipe for prawns in tomato sauce is one of my favourite Christmas recipes, I know it’s not really traditional for Christmas but is in our house. King prawns in a tomato sauce with whole wheat spaghetti. These prawns in tomato sauce with spaghetti are ready in under 30 minutes and has only 11 ingredients so easy to make, and with a good old kick of chilli, it’s perfect for this time of year.
So this is my last post of 2015, I can’t really believe I’ve posted over 60 recipes now and I’ve managed to stick with it. I still can’t believe that I started a food blog at all really! It’s been a real learning curve for me, and I still have so much to learn but friends, so far it’s been an absolute blast. I have loved every minute of work I’ve put into this blog since January and I’m looking forward to carrying on in 2016. I was really worried when I started blogging, worried that people wouldn’t read the blog that they wouldn’t like the recipes etc, it’s hard putting yourself out there for the whole world wide web. But I have met (albeit virtually) some really very nice people, lovely readers of the blog, and other food bloggers. People who have connected with me here or through social media have kept me going, made me feel like what I have been doing is good and/or helpful, made me actually laugh out loud and put a smile on my face more days than not. So thank you, thank you for being so kind and lovely to this new food blogger. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog and of course for sharing my recipes. Thank you to my lovely friends and family who have been very supportive too. It really means a lot x
Most of all I want to thank my better half Mark, yep he actually reads my blog 😉 Without his support and encouragement and tech support (lots of tech support lol) I don’t think I would have kept blogging. So yeah, you can blame him 😉 I also have to give a massive shout out to my girl, Abigail, chief taster, my biggest critic and my hand model 😉 They are my world and everything I do is for them x
I hope you and yours have a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. I hope you make these prawns in tomato sauce and I will be back early Jan 2016 with more recipes and ramblings, now, where’s the wine?
Serves: 4 Time: 30 mins
250g frozen king prawns, thawed and patted dry
4 shallots, (100g) finely chopped, you can use onion if you like.
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red chili pepper, finely chopped
1 tin of cherry tomatoes
2 tbs olive oil
4 or 5 large leaves of basil, sliced into thin strips + more for garnish (optional)
A pinch of sea salt
A good grinding of black pepper
200g whole wheat spaghetti
- Put a large pan of water on to boil for the pasta. When the water starts to boil cook the pasta.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the the prawns, cook until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside in a clean bowl.
- If there is any water left in the skillet just drain it off or use some kitchen paper to soak it up, just be careful as the skillet will be hot 😉
- Now add the shallots or onion, cook for a few minutes until the shallots have softened, then add the chili and garlic. Cook for a minute and then add the cherry tomatoes, fill the tin about 1 third of the way up with water, give it a little swirl and add that to the skillet too. Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally and about halfway through add the basil.
- When the tomatoes have broken up and the sauce has reduced add the prawns to the sauce and heat through. Serve with the whole wheat spaghetti, a couple of small basil leaves, some freshly ground black pepper and a little parmesan if you like.