So sports day went off without any major weather disasters, yay! The girl did very well, 1st in the long jump, 2nd in the sprint and 3rd in the skipping race! And then today she’s off to play rounders for the school!! I don’t know where she gets her sporty-ness from, must be all that good food she’s eating 😉 This girl has a big appetite at the moment, she goes to school with a fairly decent packed lunch, but eats me out of house and home as soon as she gets though the door, so when she saw one of these little parfaits in the fridge, well it was demolished! I had intended for her to have this for breakfast but noooo, she wasn’t going to wait to dive in to one of these! So my point is that these parfaits are actually good for any time of the day really, not just for breakfast! Breakfast or dessert, you choose 🙂
In other news we’ve decided on where to go for a little summer holiday, yes, I know it’s very late in the day, but this is how holidays happen in our family, we very rarely book anything too far in advance and yes we are very lastminute.com. Anyway we are off to Devon, and I can’t wait, I’ve never been anywhere on the English Riviera, the closest I’ve been is Weymouth, when we got the ferry from Jersey! So any tips/advice/recommendations would be warmly received. I’m really looking forward to lots of cream teas, some lovely beach time ( fingers crossed ) and generally lazing about. As for the rest of the 5 weeks holidays, well who knows, the world is our lobster, or maybe just the UK!
So these roasted peach and blackberry breakfast parfaits are:
- High in fibre
- Under 350 calories per portion
- High in protein
- High in healthy fats
- Ready in under 30 minutes
Notes: I used my Pistachio & Seed Granola for this recipe but any granola will work very well just watch out for the sugar content of it includes dried fruit. Here’s another recipe for granola of you feel like making more 😉
Roasted Peach & Blackberry Breakfast Parfaits
- 2 ripe peaches
- 1/2 tbs honey
- 200 g greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g blackberries
- 180 g Pistachio , seed granola* see notes
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C (I use a fan assisted, electric oven, please adjust according to your oven)
- Cut the peaches into sixths and place on a baking tray, drizzle the honey over the peach slices and toss gently. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the greek yogurt to a small bowl add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- To make your parfaits, start with a layer of granola, then yogurt, next add the blackberries and the roasted peaches. Top with a layer of yogurt some more peach slices and a sprinkle of granola.