Linguine with Prosciutto, Peas and Lemon
A light and summery pasta dish with prosciutto, peas, lemon, pepper and parmesan.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 400 g / 4 cups of linguine (dry weight)
- 150 g / 1 cup petit pois , frozen
- 85 g (about 7 slices) Prosciutto di Parma
- 30 g / 1/4 of a cup of pine nuts , toasted
- 100 g / 1 cup of parmigiano reggiano , finely grated
- 1/2 tbs black peppercorns
- 6 spring onions (scallions), finely sliced
- A small handful of basil , shredded
- The finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil , cracked black pepper, basil leaves and shaved parmesan to serve.
Cook the linguine in a large saucepan of salted water, until tender, or follow the packet instructions. When the pasta is nearly done reserve a cup of the cooking water before you drain the pasta.
Place the peas in a small bowl and cover with room temperature water, this will thaw the peas slightly.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan, add the peppercorns and cook for about two minutes. Remove from the pan, drain and set aside.
Add the spring onions to the oil and cook gently for about 2 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked and drained add it the sauté pan, then add the parmesan and the reserved cooking water. Add the peas, prosciutto, basil, pine nuts, pepper, lemon zest and toss gently. Cook and stir gently for a couple of minutes until the cheese has melted.
Serve immediately with shavings of parmesan, a couple of basil leaves, some cracked black pepper. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil if you wish.