Spiced Carrot & Coriander Soup
A spiced carrot and coriander soup perfect for lunch or a light supper.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 - 6
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , 160g, diced
- 1 stick of celery , diced
- 450 g / 1lb of carrots , peeled and sliced
- A large bunch of fresh coriander , stems removed and leaves chopped
- 1 medium potato , 100g, peeled and chopped into quarters
- 1 fat clove of garlic , minced
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1 level tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 level tsp dried coriander
- 1 L / 4.23 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- A small pinch each of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Natural yogurt
- Sunflower seeds
- Coriander leaves
- Red chilli flakes
- Freshly cracked black pepper
Heat the oil in a large sauce pan, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the celery and cook for another 5 minutes, then add the garlic, dried coriander and spices, cook for about a minute.
Now add the carrots, potatoes, salt, pepper and stock, stir and leave to simmer for 20 - 25 minutes until the carrots and potato are cooked.
When the vegetables are cooked blitz the soup with a hand held blender.
Stir in the coriander then serve immediately with crusty bread.
I recommend adding the toppings, a dollop of yogurt, some sunflower seeds, a couple of coriander leaves and a sprinkle of red chilli flakes.