Roast Veggies with Chorizo & King Prwans
A very tasty summer tray bake with roasted Jersey Royals, sweetcorn, cherry tomatoes, chorizo and king prawns.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 -6
- 400 g Jersey Royal potatoes (or any small new season potatoes), scrubbed and cut in half lengthwise.
- 240 g sustainably sourced raw king prawns , shelled and deviened
- 4 Sweet corn coblettes , cut into quarters (width ways)
- 150 g good quality chorizo , skin removed and sliced
- 1 large red onion (180g) skin on and cut into 8 wedges
- 280 g on the vine cherry tomatoes
- 1 bulb of garlic , cut in half widthwise
- 70 g Rocket
- 3 tbs olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 heaped tbs of good quality pesto
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 356F, I use an electric fan assisted oven please adjust according to your own oven.
Firstly make the dressing, add the pesto to a small bowl, stir in the oil and set aside until you're ready to serve.
Add the potatoes and 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large roasting dish, season with a little sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Toss the potatoes in the oil then place the tray in the oven for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add the sweet corn, toss potatoes and sweet corn in the tray so they are covered in oil. Return to oven.
After 10 minutes add the tomatoes, garlic, chorizo, onions and the rest of the oil. Toss again so everything is coated in oil. Return the dish to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes.
Then add the prawns to the tray and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve on a bed of rocket with the pesto dressing and lemon wedges.