Jersey Royal Potato Salad with Rocket
A lighter potato salad with a whole grain mustard dressing.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- FOR THE SALAD
- 500 g Jersey Royals (or any salad potato)
- Half a bulb of fennel (100g), topped, tailed and thinly sliced
- Half a red onion (50g), thinly sliced
- 1 tbs capers , rinsed
- 60 g rocket
- 1 heaped tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tsp butter
- A little lemon juice
- FOR THE DRESSING
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaped tbs whole grain mustard
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- A small pinch of sea salt
- A little freshly ground black pepper
Wash and scrub the potatoes and half the bigger ones length ways, place in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
While the potatoes are cooking make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice, mustard and vinegar in a bowl. Then slowly whisk in the oil, one tablespoon at a time. When it haas emulsified stir in the salt and black pepper. Set aside until you are ready to use.
When the potatoes are cooked drain them and leave them to dry for a couple of minutes. In a bowl add the butter and parsley, add the dry potatoes to this bowl and and gently toss the potatoes so they are all coated in the butter and parsley.
Add the rocket, red onion, fennel and capers to a large salad dish or serving plate, add the potatoes and gently toss everything together. Serve with the dressing.