Coronation Chicken Sandwich
A very tasty, very British sandwich. Perfect for lunches or picnics.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 150 g leftover roast chicken torn into bitesize pieces
- 1 heaped tbs sultans soaked in just boiled water until plump
- 2 tbs flaked almonds toasted (optional)
- 1 heaped tsp medium curry powder
- 1 spring onion (scallion) just the white part, chopped
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp mango chutney more for serving (optional)
- 1 very small pinch of salt & black pepper
- 4 slices of bread of your choice
- 4 or 5 leaves little gem lettuce
- 1 tbs watercress (optional)
Soak the sultanas in just boiled water until they are plump, then drain and leave to cool.
Mix the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and spring onion in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the chicken to the mayonnaise mixture and mix well so that all the chicken is coated in the sauce.
Butter the bread, place the lettuce on one slice then top with some of the chicken mixture, sprinkle some flaked almonds on top, if using then add a little water cress. Add a little more chutney if you wish, then top with the other slice of bread. Cut in half and enjoy.