Thai Fish Cakes
Delicious Thai fish cakes which are kid approved, perfect for a light lunch or as an appetiser.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 450 g of hake, or other firm white fish like cod skin and bones removed and roughly chopped
- 4 or 5 spring onions (scallions) the white and light green part, roughly chopped
- 100 g fine green beans roughly chopped
- 1 red jalapeño pepper pith and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 heaped tbs chopped ginger
- A small handful of coriander leaves
- 1 large egg
- 2 heaped tbs Thai red curry paste
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 1 stalk of lemongrass bashed and roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 50 g plain flour
- light olive oil for cooking
Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees C / 300F, I use a fan assisted, electric oven please adjust according to your own oven.
Place all the ingredients except for the flour and oil in a food processor and blitz until you have a smooth paste.
Take a heaped tablespoon of the fish mixture and shape into a ball in your hands. Roll the ball in flour and then press down gently to make a patty.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a non stick skillet over a medium heat. Cook the fishcakes in batches. Add about 4 fishcakes to the skillet, then cook for 3 to 4 minutes each side.
Keep them warm in the oven until you are ready to serve. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and a green salad.