Spicy Prawn Stir Fry
Deliciously spicy prawns in a rich stir fry sauce. Ready in 20 minutes this is perfect for a quick and tasty weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 240 g frozen raw king prawns thawed, deveined and shells removed
- 1 red bell pepper (180g) seeds and pith removed then sliced thinly
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 1 pak choi (180g) stems and leaves, sliced
- 50 g cashew nuts
- 4 spring onions (scallions) The white and pale green part, sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp chopped red chilli pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 1 6cm piece of ginger root peeled and finely grated
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- Steamed Rice
- Sesame Seeds
- Chopped Spring Onions the green part
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook on a high heat for 1 minute, until they release their fragrance.Reduce the heat then add the peppers and cook for 2 minutes. Now add the rest of the ingredients and stir-fry until prawns are bright pink and cooked through. Serve straight away with rice or noodles.*Calories are approximate and do not include rice or noodles.
- Try chicken breasts cut into thin strips instead of prawns. Cook the chicken in the oil first then remove and leave in a bowl. Add back into the wok when you are adding the peppers.
- Try tofu instead of prawns, use firm tofu drained and wiped dry. Cut the tofu into cubes and add to the wok when you add the pepper.
- Want an even quicker dinner? Try ready-to wok thick udon noodles and cooked prawns.