Harissa Roasted Vegetable Pasta
Harissa roasted vegetable pasta with goat's cheese and spinach. A quick and easy weeknight dinner that's full of flavour.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 medium red onion (135g) loose peel removed and cut into wedges (1/8ths)
- 1 medium aubergine cut into medium chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper (170g) pith and seeds removed then cut into chunks
- 1 medium courgette cut into thick slices
- 1 small bulb of garlic cut in half widthways
- 1 heaped tbsp harissa
- 3 + 1/4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- The juice of half a lemon
- 80 g spinach leaves
- 125 g creamy goat's cheese
- 300 g penne pasta
- A small handful of curly leaf parsley finely chopped + more for serving
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C, 392F. Please note I use a fan assisted electric oven, please adjust the temperature according to your own oven.
Place all the vegetables, garlic and thyme on a large baking tray.In a small bowl mix the harissa and 3 tablespoons of olive oil together until they are combined. Then pour the over the vegetables. Add the salt and pepper then mix well.
Place the tray of vegetables, except the spinach, on the middle tray of the oven and roast for 30 minutes, turning the tray halfway through cooking.
Cook the pasta according to the packet instruction.Once the pasta is done, drain then return to the saucepan. Add the remaining olive oil and the spinach. Gently toss the pasta and spinach and cover with a lid for a couple of minutes until the spinach has wilted. When the vegetables are cooked, remove the garlic from its skin, discard the skins. Remove any stalks left from the thyme.Squeeze half a lemon over the vegetables then transfer to a large serving dish. Toss the pasta over the vegetables and mix well. Finally, crumble the goat's cheese over the pasta and sprinkle the parsley over the pasta.Serve immediately.