Amanda's Vegan Vegetable Fritters
Vegan vegetable drop fritters from the book Great Vegan Meals for the Carnivorous Family by Amanda Logan
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 65 g chickpea flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 118 ml dairy free milk (1/2 cup) Not coconut milk, I used oat milk
- A handful of baby spinach finely chopped
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into small chunks
- 50 g fresh or frozen peas (50g) I used frozen
- 2 - 3 tbsp (30-45ml) sunflower or grape seed oil
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl.Whisk in the milk, to make a thick batter.Add the spinach, cauliflower and peas. Stir to coat the veggies. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until a drop of batter bubbles when added to the pan.Carefully drop 1 heaping tablespoon (15g) of the fritter mixture into the pan and repeat with another 3 fritters. Don't overcrowd the pan.Fry the fritters on both sides until they are golden and feel firm, around 2 to 3 minutes each side.Serve warm with your favourite vegan dipping sauce.
- I also used quinoa flour to make these, so if you can't get your hands on chickpea flour then give that a go.
- This quantity was enough for 4 people as an appetiser or 2 for lunch.