Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
Deliciously Cheesy Mashed Potato. The ultimate mash for your Thanksgiving table or the perfect accompaniment to stews or casseroles. However you serve this, everyone is going to love it, it's fluffy, cheesy and totally comforting.
- 3 1/2 lbs potatoes (1.5kg) washed, peeled then cut into quarters
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + more for seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter (60g) at room temperature + more for serving
- 1/4 cup milk (50ml)
- 2/3 heaped cup mature(sharp) cheddar cheese (80g)
- 1/3 cup vegetarian parmesan cheese (30g)
- 2 heaped tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Potatoes - Maris Piper or Yukon Gold are the best potatoes for making mash.
- Butter - I always use salted butter, Kerrygold Irish butter, always! Make sure it's at room temperature before you add it to the mash.
- Milk - full-fat milk is always best for a really creamy mash, make sure it is warmed up on the hob before you add it.
- Storing/freezing - this mash is best served fresh and is not quite the same when reheated, however, if you have leftovers it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat it in a saucepan with a little milk. I do not recommend freezing this mash.
- Nutrition - nutritional information is approximate and is calculated using an online nutrition tool and is per portion.
Calories: 343kcal | Carbohydrates: 42.5g | Protein: 10.4g | Fat: 15.3g | Saturated Fat: 9.6g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 1100mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 3.5g | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 2mg