Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips
Honey Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with wholegrain mustard, thyme and toasted walnuts. The perfect side dish for you Sunday lunch, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas lunch. Ready in under 30 minutes.
Servings 4 -6
- 500 g /17.6 oz/ 1.1lb Carrots washed peeled then cut into halves or quarters lengthways.
- 500 g /17.6 oz/ 1.1lb Parsnips washed peeled then cut into halves or quarters lengthways.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 4 or 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp chopped walnuts
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Carrots and Parsnips - I peel my carrots and parsnips for this recipe. If you are using organic vegetables then you don't have to peel them if you don't want to. Just give them a good wash and scrub with a vegetable brush before cooking.
- Honey - Runny honey is best for this recipe, I would avoid any honey that is too floral or too strong. You can substitute the honey for vegan "honey" or maple syrup. I would reduce the quantity if you use maple syrup.
- Trays - You will probably need two baking trays to make this recipe. You will get the best results by not overcrowding the vegetables as they will steam and go soggy if you do.
- Nutritional Information is approximate and is calculated using an online nutrition tool. It is based on one serving of 6.
- For US readers - I use Cuisipro measuring cups and spoons, and a Pyrex measuring jug for liquids. These are the industry standard. Cup/spoon volumes can differ from brand to brand, for accuracy. For best results, I recommend weighing all ingredients if possible.
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 30.6g | Protein: 3.2g | Fat: 10.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.3g | Sodium: 237mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15.7g | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 1mg