Mexican Bean Salad
Mexican Bean Salad, a quick and easy 3 bean salad, for when it's too hot to cook.
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1/2 a large red onion chopped finely
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green jalapeño pepper finely chopped
- 1 14oz can black beans (400g UK can) drained and rinsed in cold water
- 1 14oz can black-eyed beans (400g UK can) drained and rinsed in cold water
- 1 14 oz can red kidney beans (400g UK can) drained and rinsed in cold water
- 2 ripe avocados skin and stone removed then chopped
- 1 small handful cilantro/coriander chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (50ml)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1 large clove garlic minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
Cook the corn on the cob, boil in a pan of lightly salted water for 10 minutes. Leave to cool then with a sharp knife strip off the sweet corn kernels.
Make the dressing by adding the oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, seasoning and spices to a mason jar, close the jar lid tight then give it a good shake.
Place the beans, onion, peppers, avocado, lemon juice and coriander in a large serving bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad then mix well.
Serve with slices of jalapeño, lime wedges and some corn tortillas.
Calories: 430kcal | Carbohydrates: 45.2g | Protein: 15.8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4.2g | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 1398mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 4.9g | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 4.5mg