Mediterranean Couscous Salad
A simple couscous salad with mediterranean flavours, easy to make and perfect for lunch.
- 100 g giant whole wheat couscous
- 1/2 tbs light olive oil
- 400 ml water
- 1/2 small red onion (50g) finely chopped
- 1 small courgette (100g) chopped
- 200 g mixed cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 10 pitted kalamata olives cut in half
- 100 g feta cheese cut into cubes
- 2 heaped tbs chopped basil leaves
- 1 heaped tsp chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 a large lemon, the juice of
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 fat clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Heat the olive oil in a sautee pan, add the couscous and cook for about 3 minutes until the couscous is golden. Add 200ml of water and stir, once the couscous has absorbed the water add another 100ml + another 100ml and cook until the couscous is soft, about 15 minutes. Once cooked leave to cool.
Add the vegetables and herbs to a large serving bowl and mix. Mix in the couscous once it has cooled then add the feta.
In a jug whisk together the extra olive oil, lemon juice, garlic salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the couscous and vegetables. Gently mix everything together. Serve on it's own or with some really good crusty bread.