Loaded Veggie Nachos
Fully loaded vegetarian nachos, quick and easy to make and great for game day or movie night.
- 300 g / 1 x 130z pack of lightly salted tortilla chips
- 175 g / 2 cups of grated mature cheddar cheese
- 1 x 400g /15 oz can of refried beans
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper (capsicum) seeds and pith removed then sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper (capsicum) seeds and pith removed then sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried coriander leaf
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
Extra Toppings For Serving
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapenos
- Lime wedges
- Tortilla chips - Use good quality tortilla chips, the stronger the chip the more you can scoop up!
- Cheese - I use a good quality mature (sharp) cheddar cheese to make these nachos, you can use a low-fat cheddar if you prefer. If you are in the US I would use a mix of sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack just for the melting power of these cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven - Don't forget to preheat the oven! A hot oven will melt the cheese faster and then you won't be waiting around for these!
- Nutritional Information - is approximate and is calculated using an online nutrition tool. It is based on one serving of six and does not include any extras.
- For US readers - I use Cuisipro measuring cups and spoons, and a Pyrex measuring jug for liquids. These are the industry standard. Cup/spoon volumes can differ from brand to brand, for accuracy. For best results, I recommend weighing all ingredients if possible.
Calories: 458kcal | Carbohydrates: 47.6g | Protein: 14.9g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 7.8g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 461mg | Potassium: 311mg | Fiber: 6.4g | Sugar: 3.6g | Calcium: 246mg | Iron: 2mg