Roast Mediterranean Vegetables with Potatoes & Goat's Cheese
Roast Mediterranean Vegetables with Potatoes and Goat's Cheese, perfect for dinner this dish is full of flavour and filling!
- 500 g small charlotte potatoes scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 3 small red onions, (225g) skin on and quartered
- 1 medium aubergine (eggplant) cut into large chunks
- 1 large zucchini cut in half lengthways then cut into thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper seeds and pith removed and cut into large chunks
- 1 large green bell pepper seeds and pith removed and cut into large chunks
- 240 g goat's cheese cut into slices
- 2 lemons cut in half
- 1 bulb of garlic cut in half widthways
- 1 small bunch of thyme
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil more if needed
- Nutritional information is approximate and is calculated using an online nutrition tool. Based on serving 6.
- To make this vegan, please omit the cheese and swap in a can of chickpeas or butter beans. Add the beans 10 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Tray Sizes, the baking trays I used for this recipe measured 10.5 x 15.5 inches/ 27 x 39 cm.
- Potatoes, I recommend a small waxy potato for this dish, salad potatoes will work well too.
- Veggies, this is a very flexible dish. Any vegetable that roasts well will work here.
- Cheese, I have used a medium strength goat's cheese for this. If you don't like goat's cheese feta works really well too.
- The Update, the original recipe posted in October 2017 had artichokes, I swapped these for courgettes as I felt they were a better fit. I also used fewer potatoes this time and swapped dried oregano for fresh basil, the basil is much nicer!
- Freezing and Storing, I don't recommend you freeze this dish. It really is best made fresh and served war. You can keep any leftovers in the fridge for a day or two and you can reheat the vegetables in the oven. I would remove the cheese though and serve fresh cheese with the veg. Please note though that the potatoes may not be as crispy and there be a change in the texture of the vegetables.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 25.1g | Protein: 11.8g | Fat: 14.6g | Saturated Fat: 8.6g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 377mg | Potassium: 733mg | Fiber: 4.5g | Sugar: 7.8g | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 2.3mg