A Warm Winter Salad of Roasted Kalettes and Stilton
A warm Winter salad with roasted kalettes, red onions and Stilton cheese. Served with pomegranate seeds and hazelnuts and a tangy red wine vinegar dressing, this salad is perfect for entertaining over the holidays.
- 200 g kalettes
- 1 large red onion (200g) cut into wedges
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each of sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 bulb of fennel (200g) sliced
- The seeds of half a large pomegranate
- 40 g hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 100 g Stilton cheese broken into chunks
For the dressing
- 80 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs runny honey
- 1 fat clove of garlic minced
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and cracked black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, 356F. Add the red onions to a baking tray drizzle over 1 tbs of the oil then roast in the oven for about 10 minutes. Then remove the tray from the oven, add the kalettes, the remaining oil, the sea salt and the black pepper and toss gently. Return the tray to the oven and roast for a further 10 minutes.
When the kalettes and onion are done transfer them to a serving dish. Add the fennel, pomegranate seeds, hazelnuts and Stilton then toss gently.
To make the dressing whisk all the ingredients together and serve with the salad. I like to serve the dressing on the side for people to add as much or as little as they like.