Puff Pastry Mince Pie Square
Puff pastry mince pie squares, quick and easy to make, these festive treats are guaranteed to get you in the festive mood.
- 1 x 410g jar of mincemeat
- 1 x 320g roll of ready rolled puff pastry
- 25 g walnuts chopped
- The zest of one large clementine
- 2 tsp icing sugar
- 1 medium egg whisked
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C / 392 F I use a fan assisted oven please adjust according to your own oven.Line two baking trays with parchment paper. Unroll the pastry but leave it on the paper it was wrapped in. Now cut the pastry into 12 squares.Using a 6 cm round chefs ring score a circle in the middle of each square.Place the pastry square on the two baking trays. Stir the clementine zest into the mincemeat. Then add roughly 2 teaspoons of mincemeat onto the circle in the middle of the pastry square.Brush the edges with the egg. Then place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Or until the pastry has risen and the pastry is golden brown. Once cooked remove from the oven, leave to cool for a few minutes then transfer to a baking tray. Sprinkle the walnuts over each mince pie square then using a fine sieve dust the mince pie squares with the icing sugar.Serve warm or cold.
- Calories are approximate and are based on one serving. They do not include any extra custard, cream or ice cream.
- I used an all butter puff pastry to make these, all butter pastry will give you the best results.
- I used a good quality store-bought jar of mincemeat to make these.
- These puff pasty mincemeat squares were inspired by and roughly adapted from this recipe here.