Artichoke and olive naan pizza, ready in 20 minutes and perfect for dinner in a hurry! These are so easy to make and taste amazing! We like to have these for a quick weeknight dinner served with a nice green salad. Or they are equally good on their own for lunch. And did I mention 20 minutes? Yes, these naan pizzas only take 5 minutes to prepare and only 15 minutes in the oven! Result!
Your options for naan pizza are endless, you can keep it simple with Margherita, or go wild with all the veggies. It’s really up to you. Get the kids involved too, they love making these! Artichokes are my jam though, especially on pizza. In fact, my whole family loves artichokes, they just can’t get enough of them. But on pizza, that’s always a favourite. This recipe is a riff on my favourite artichoke and spinach flatbread pizza.
How to Make Artichoke & Olive Naan Pizza:
I use plain naan for these, you could go for garlic and coriander naan of you wish. However, there is so much flavour in these I think plain naan is best. I’ve gone for pesto as a base to these naan pizzas, green vegetarian pesto, however, red pesto works very well too as does regular pizza sauce. Next toppings, mozzarella, chargrilled artichokes, kalamata olives and chilli flakes. A drizzle of olive oil and these are good to go. Pop them in the oven… 15 minutes and you are golden. Once in the oven, toast up some pine nuts. When your naan pizzas are done, top them off with the pine nuts, some chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
Can I Freeze These Naan Pizza?
I don’t recommend freezing these, they are so quick and easy to make that you won’t need to freeze them and you probably won’t have any leftover to freeze.
Can I Make These Naan Pizzas Vegan?
With some substitutes, yes, you can. You will have to make sure your naan are vegan, most are made with yoghurt. You will also need vegan pesto and a meltable vegan cheese.
Artichoke & Olive Naan Pizza
- 2 plain naan
- 1/2 tbsp polenta
- 2 tbsp vegetarian pesto
- 130 g mozzarella sliced
- 120 g chargrilled artichokes pieces from the deli counter
- 8 kalamata olives sliced
- 20 g pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 tsp dried red chilli flakes + more for serving
- Lemon wedges
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C 392F. I use a fan assisted electric oven please adjust according to the oven you have.
- Scatter the polenta over the baking tray. Place the naan on the tray.Brush a tablespoon of pesto evenly over each naan. Top with slices of mozzarella then divide the artichokes between the two naans. Do the same with the olives.Sprinkle a small pinch of dried red chilli flakes over each naan.Drizzle a little olive oil over each naan then place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 15 minutes.The mozzarella should be melted and bubbling.
- When the naan pizzas are cooking toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over a high heat, tossing all the time. This should only take a few minutes, the pine nuts should be golden brown.
- To serve the naan pizza, add the toasted pine nuts to each naan, Sprinkle over the parsley then squeeze some lemon over each naan.Serve immediately with extra chilli flakes if you like.
- Calories are approximate.
- You can make this vegan, please see the post.
- I do not recommend freezing these naan pizzas.